We take the privacy of our customers ("Customer" or "you" or "your") seriously. Your data is your own.
This policy applies to all information collected or submitted on our websites and our apps for iPhone and any other devices and platforms.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a specific individual.
One of the basic principles we’ve tried to follow in designing this Website is that we ask for only the information we need to provide the service you’ve requested. As a result, what information we collect and store depends almost entirely on how you choose to make use of our Website and our services.
Here are some examples of personal information that we collect:
- When you fill out form to apply for TestFlight iOS Beta, we ask for your name, email address, and additional information.
- When you contact us, e.g. for a support request, we may keep a record of your communication.
- Our servers maintain industry-standard logs of their activity: web page visits, including IP address, Referer: header, and user-agent; envelope information of e-mail sent and received; and the like.
We may use your information to provide you with important information about the product or service that you are using, including critical updates and notifications. In general, we do not use your information beyond the purpose for which you provided it to us. For example, if you ask us a question by email, or apply to TestFlight iOS Beta, we will not send you product announcements or other promotional communications in response (unless that is what you requested). We do not sell, barter, or rent your personal information.
We do use your information internally to understand how people use our websites, services, and software and to make improvements.
In the event we wish to publicly post any of your personal information on a Website (as, for instance, a letter), we will contact you with details and ask for your express permission to publish that information and will not publish without your express permission.
If you have subscribed to our newsletter you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions located within each newsletter and on our websites, or by contacting us.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
Non-personal information is data that cannot be used to uniquely identify a specific individual.
- Our Software automatically logs some app activity for diagnostic purposes. These logs are stored locally on your device and are not automatically transmitted. If we require you to transmit these logs to us for diagnostic purposes, please rest assured that the logs only contain metadata (e.g. data types, identifiers).
- When you choose to link an account for a supported third-party service, your login information and password is always handled by the official SDKs of those services and are never kept or accessed by the apps.
- In our email communications and websites, we may use other technologies like “click-through URLs” in order to determine if an email has been opened and which links have been clicked. This way, we can determine and improve the effectiveness of our communications. A link with a click-through URL, when clicked, first sends the user to a web server which records the click, and then to the link’s destination.
Our Software can use iCloud to synchronize your data between your devices.
If you enable iCloud synchronization, all your data is stored in your own private container on iCloud. We do not have any access to anything stored within your own private iCloud container. Apple secures your data by encrypting it when it is transmitted and stored in iCloud. Please refer to Apple’s iCloud security and privacy overview for more information regarding storing your data on Apple’s iCloud servers.